TORONTO, ON, December 1, 2006 — On November 30, 2006, the Federation of Rental-housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO) held its 21st Annual General Meeting and 6th Annual Industry Awards ceremony at the Metro Toronto Convention Center. These events serve to celebrate the businesses and individuals across the province that are leaders in our industry.
FRPO’s Marketing, Achievement and Construction (MAC) awards promote professionalism and advance the high standards FRPO has promoted for over two decades. Attended by over 470 members, industry representatives and guests, the evening recognized the achievements of FRPO members throughout 2006. Yardi is pleased to announce that 10 of 14 awards were granted to industry leaders who use Yardi software to manage their diverse portfolios.
Nominees competed to receive the distinguished MAC award in different categories of residential rental property management, such as Property Manager of the Year, Rental Development of the Year, and Property Management Web site.
The quality of the submissions demonstrated our industry’s commitment to improving standards across Ontario. This year’s competition was strong and, as usual, included the best in the business.
On behalf of all members, FRPO wishes to extend its congratulations to the 2006 MAC award winners:
[list type=”icon” style=”simple” icon=”double-angle-right” icon_color=”#2B76A9″]
- FRPO Member of the Year Award: John Dickie, Dickie & Lyman Lawyers LLP
- Environmental Excellence Award: MINTO Urban Communities (CLIENT)
- Property Manager of the Year Award: Robert & Betty Giaschi, Realstar/GWL RealtyAdvisors (CLIENT)
- Leasing Professional of the Year Award: Monira Yasmin, CAPREIT
- Outstanding Community Service Award – Individual: Gobal Mailwaganam, CAPREIT
- Outstanding Community Service Award – Company: Greenwin Property Management (CLIENT)
- Rental Development of the Year Award – High Rise: Concert Real Estate Corporation (CLIENT)
- Suite Renovation of the Year Award – Over $5,000: Morguard Residential, Inc. (CLIENT)
- Suite Renovation of the Year Award – Under $5,000: Sun Life Financial
- Lobby Renovation of the Year Award: MINTO Urban Communities (CLIENT)
- Property Management Web Site Award: Gateway Property Management (CLIENT)
- Curb Appeal Award – Over 30 Units: Greenwin Property Management (CLIENT)
- Property Management Advertisement Award – Corporate Branding: Metcap Living (CLIENT)
- Property Management Advertisement Award – Single Project: WJ Properties (CLIENT)
Yardi Systems, Inc. is the global leader in the design, development, and support of integrated Asset and Property Management software for organizations of all sizes. For more than 22 years, our technology and services have led the industry through responsiveness and innovation, becoming the premier application for real estate software solutions worldwide. Our software is client-driven and serves more than 15,000 businesses, corporations, and government agencies, representing more than 5 billion square feet of commercial space and 5 million residential units globally.
Yardi enjoys a customer base that incorporates some of the world’s leading international companies, including Cushman & Wakefield, ProLogis, CBRE, Colliers Turley Martin Tucker-Clayton, Deloitte, Sachsenfonds, and Erinaceous Group plc.
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Yardi is a privately held corporation with offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia. More information about Yardi products and services may be found by visiting www.yardi.com.
Trade Media Contact: Joel Nelson 805.699-2040, ext. 1255