Here at Yardi, we think courses should be produced for learners with differing language needs. Using alternative navigation design, we’ve developed dual language courses such as FH 120 – Federal Fair Housing Compliance for Maintenance. We are excited to announce the release of four additional courses in English and/or Spanish. Each of our four versions of Preventing Sexual Harassment (SH 105, 115, 125 and 135) are now available in this unique format.
What are the benefits to the student?
• Increased confidence and comprehension by learning and testing in the language they are most comfortable.
• Efficient learning because the student does not have to slow down while learning in a language that is difficult for them.
• Clean transcripts because the student satisfies the requirement rather than choosing between an English or Spanish class, thereby leaving one class incomplete on their transcript.
Administrators also benefit
• Increased reporting efficiency by tracking a single course instead of consolidating two separate course reports.
• Easier control over course deployment because there’s no longer the need to maintain separate learning plans for English and Spanish speakers.
• Increased confidence that students are learning proficiently with access to training in the language that they prefer.
Studies have shown that people understand, retain and learn best in their native language. The effectiveness of learning increases exponentially as the student feels in control and able to give full attention to the content being presented. The Yardi eLearning team is eager to continue to expand our course offerings through additional learning opportunities in both English and Spanish.